Hummus is a great snack, rich in protein, fibre, healthy fats, naturally gluten and dairy-free.
As people often ask for my recipe, I thought I would share it on my website, so I can point everyone right here :)
- 300g (approx. one small jar) cooked bio chickpea
- 2 ts tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small or ½ big clove garlic
- ½ ts salt
- 1 ts ground cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (more if needed for a tangy flavour)
- 1 drop of doTERRA Lemon essential oil
Put everything in a food processor and begin to process. Add cold water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth texture. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Serve drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with some cumin or paprika.